An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Lecturer with a focus on Benthic Biogeochemistry or Benthic Processes to join this renowned academic establishment, within the beautiful countryside location of Argyll, Scotland.
What will I be doing?
The successful Senior Lecturer will engage with and collaborate with existing staff and students alike, conducting high-impact exciting research relating to the Aquaculture, within the field of Marine Biogeochemistry/benthic Processes. You will work on a flexible mix of both on-site and remote working, and will have the opportunity to develop your career within this exciting and worthwhile field of knowledge and conservation.
About the company
This is an excellent opportunity to join a renowned and well established academic environment, collaborating with some of the greatest minds within their respected field. You will be joining an inclusive environment, benefiting from a beautiful and rural seaside location, as well as an exciting mix of great employee benefits, including:
• 25 days holiday + 9.5 public holidays
• Christmas shut down
• Excellent career scope and progression
• An excellent employee benefits package
• Outstanding university pension
The ideal candidate will have…
• A PhD in Marine Biogeochemistry / benthic Processes
• Proven experience with either Benthic impacts of Marine Aquaculture, Benthic biogeochemical processes or impacts of natural and anthropogenic disturbance or Interactions between benthic biogeochemistry and benthic ecology
• An understanding of Numerical modelling is highly desirable
• Prior experience within a teaching or managerial role is beneficial but not essential
• Proven high-impact journal publications
• A proven track-record of funded projects either within the academic or commercial space is also ideal
This is an excellent opportunity you to make the next step on your career and to embrace a new challenge. If you’re interested in the role then please apply now for immediate consideration.
Alternatively, if you’re not ready to apply just yet but would like some more information, please feel free to call me on 07850 217 833 or email email@example.com