I’m looking for a Linux Systems Engineer to join an R&D company based in Oxford. This is a truly fascinating company to work for, as they’re creating products that stand to revolutionise their industry!
What will you be doing?
As the Linux Systems Engineer, you will be working to support my client’s large infrastructure, diagnosing and resolving complex technical issues. It’s a HPC/UGE environment where you’ll get the chance to work on varied technologies. In addition to the Linux servers, the Linux Systems Engineer will also be managing MySQL/MariaDB databases, AWS cloud, and core networking technologies such as TCP/IP, BIND and LDAP.
About the company
The Linux Systems Engineer will be joining a truly exceptional company and one of Oxford’s most exciting R&D institutions. Originally an Oxford University spin-off, the company have now grown to close to 500 people, with multiple offices around the globe! The Linux Systems Engineer will enjoy benefits including:
– 10% bonus
– 25 days holiday
– Free parking
– Private Healthcare
The ideal candidate will have…
For this Linux Systems Engineer position, we’re looking for:
– Previous experience as a Linux Systems Engineer – ideally with Ubuntu
– Experience managing MySQL or MariaDB databases
– Knowledge of core networking technologies
– AWS or equivalent cloud experience
– Good troubleshooting & problem-solving experience
– Proactive attitude & excellent communication skills!
Ideally, it would be great if you also had:
– Scripting experience with Perl/Bash
– Experience with tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible
So what’s next?
If you think this role is a good fit for you, please apply below and I will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the role further.
Alternatively, if you’re not ready to apply just yet but would like some more information, please feel free to call me on 07552 227 662 email email@example.com.