We’re looking for an experienced Development Project Lead or Project Scientist,, with experience of working in a leadership position within a company that has developed an implantable medical device involving a hydrogel, soft or polymer implant,, to join an incredible Oxford-based medical device start-up,.
What will I be doing?
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will lead the assessment, development, verification and validation of an implantable hydrogel via third party companies, before recommending a preferred formulation. You will then work with regulatory and other colleagues, to develop the risk management documentation for the implantable components of the system.
About the company
Having been spun-out of another, successful scientific R&D firm, and with funding secured, you will be joining a talented and dedicated team as they look to develop proof of principle technology into a fully functioning product prototype, ready for clinical trials within the next 3 years.
The ideal candidate will have…
· Experience gained within a leadership position within a company that has developed an implantable medical device
· Experience of hydrogel or “soft” or polymer implants, with the necessary technical expertise to receive the technology transfer and formal IP from the chosen partner organisation
· Experience of planning, conducting and commissioning mechanical, chemical, in-vitro and in-vivo experiments compliant with international standards
· A Masters level education in a discipline such as Chemistry or Polymer Chemistry is preferred
· Experience in orthopaedics or spine is highly desirable
So what’s next?
If you think this role is a good fit for you, please apply below and I will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the role further.
Alternatively, if you’re not ready to apply just yet but would like some more information, please feel free to call me on 07733017601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.